- A "Child Dedication" is a ceremony based on a covenant- a promise and commitment- by the parents to partner with God as they raise their children.
- At Crossroads Church of Shamong, we believe that children are a gift from God, and are very excited that you want to dedicate your child.
- A Dedication is a public commitment you make before God, the church, and your family.
- The dedication service provides you, the parents/care-givers, an opportunity to express publicly your desire to lead and spiritually nurture your child in the ways of Jesus Christ in cooperation with the Holy Spirit, so your child will develop a desire to love God and love others.
- An example from God's word comes from the story of Hannah and Samuel from 1 Samuel chapter 1.
"She [Hannah] made a special promise to God and said, “Lord All-Powerful, you can see how sad I am. Remember me. Don’t forget me. If you will give me a son, I will give him to you. He will be yours his whole life..." -1 Samuel 1:11 (ERV)